Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Dollar Short and a Day Late

Inner Mongolia: reign of sandImage by chinadialogue.net via FlickrIt's 4:30 am on Saturday morning and I am just getting to writing my post for the 40 and over Follow Friday group!  (Click on the picture to find out more).  Eight hours late has pretty much been the story of my week.  It seems I get three important things done, but there were nine more important items left untouched. (Which naturally my 'Zemanta' source is providing me with a picture of Horse Riding in Inner Mongolia!  WTH?! Does anyone else find that hysterically funny?)

But maybe that's exactly what I was missing this week.  A little break from the real world work that is piling up my desk next to the computer.  Just a nice simple horse ride in Inner Mongolia.....

It's been an interesting week, with a nice little St. Patrick's Day celebration thrown in there.  It started at 7 am, when some great neighbors got up very early and made us the best Irish Coffee concoction.  They handed us these drinks over their backyard fence in cups to take along while we walked our dogs on the golf course.  It was a perfect start to the day, if you ask me.  Then I proceeded to waste away the remainder of the day until I met my husband and his work buddies for a few too many beers.  (I would show you pictures but I brought the camera without the battery. URGH!)  Let's just say....cars had to be picked up on Friday morning!

So, my to-do list includes finishing the website content for this fantastic landscape company, some serious spring cleaning around the house, complete more details for my son's wedding, and oh yes....I need to rob a bank!

Procrastination is a sneaky thing.  Mine comes in the form of a laptop and an internet connection.  But I am strong....I am invincible....I am an empty nest woman!  I will keeping plugging along and with any luck, I will sleep better. 

Have a great weekend!
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Empty Nester said...

I have discovered that having an empty nest leaves plenty of time for procrastination. Plenty. LOL

March 19, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home