Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Monday, October 17, 2011

New Freedom That Comes With The Empty Nest

Herman CainImage via WikipediaOne of the great aspects of being an empty nester is the greater amount of flexibility you have in your daily schedule.  Owning my own small business allows me even greater freedom than most.  If Herman Cain called me up this morning and said, "Beth, can you work for me for the next month, traveling to whatever city I need you to be in, and work at whatever function and role I need you for.?...", I could pack my little bag like the PanAm stewardess do in that cute new show and say, "Why, of course, I'd love to help you....where do you need me first?!"

My husband and dog would probably enjoy my absence for a little while.  Let's face it, when you are relatively young and healthy like Bill and me (except for this little candy corn addiction of mine), you know you are probably going to be together for possibly 40 more years. So, running off to help the citizens of new Orleans after the hurricane or to a war-torn country that needs help is not out of the question.
Life is such an adventure.................
Enhanced by ZemantaI remember when my life was centered around a soccer team schedule.  Every day of the week was different and like a good working Mom, I had a ironclad schedule system that the Pentagon would have been proud to use.  I had very little "me" time.  And, I couldn't of cared less.  I was happy playing the role of Mom and Wife in my family.  My role has changed drastically now that the kids do not live at home anymore.  Over the past 3 years, I have spoken to so many empty nest people who have trouble with this particular transition. My advise?  I have told them to embrace the freedom that comes with an empty house and not to focus on the loss of the children's presence.  That's what I am doing and it's working quite well.  So, Mr. Cain....it's beth@emtnester.com or beth@anythingbutbs.com......I am ready for service!


Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger beth said...

http://ultimateblogchallenge.com/blogboost-2

(Forgot the link....)

October 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Carolina HeartStrings said...

What a wonderful attitude and opportunity.

October 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home