Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fate Strikes Again

Several years ago, we took a family vacation over the Christmas holidays, and visited New York City.  I would recommend this trip to anyone with high school and college-aged children.  Who doesn't love visiting this vibrant, active town?  Well, I imagine there are THOSE people out there, but I am not sure I want to meet them!

As I typically do, I read everything online about the place we are planning to visit, and plan out minute for minute what we should do.  It has worked well for us in the past.  And no one in the family questions my selections.  It's kind of neat that way.  So, on this trip when I suggested we walk around the Columbia University campus, no one blinked an eye.  In hindsight, it was kind of a quirky choice, as we had no connection to the school, the location wasn't too close to others places on the agenda.....I just felt that it might be important to see the school together.  So we went.

It was windy and cold the day of our visit.  We took pictures on the central courtyard and on the Alma Mater statue and then left.  We were hungry and it was on to lunch!

As fate would have it, starting this August, my oldest son will be attending graduate school in their famed Real Estate-Finance- MBA.  Turns out this is his field of interest and Columbia University has the top program in the country!  Who knew?!......

We all look at this picture now and recognize the irony of it all.  I happen to think that there are higher powers above us who somehow knew going to see this campus would be important to our family.  I like to think that 'someone' guides my direction and thoughts and helps me out in decision-making.  It's rather comforting, don't you think?

Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

How cool is that (and congrats to your super smart son!). I love NYC, have been several times and each time is a new/different adventure.

July 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home