Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Monday, April 18, 2011

What To Do When the Weather is Too Hot and the Pool is Too Cold

Often times, we have no control of the pace and the intensity that life comes at us.  We are a mere feather in the wind running a course that is decided by "others".  No one is immune. 

What we can control is our reactions to the life that is put in front of us.  We can alter the direction slightly and we can choose the emotion we will show to the world when we are confronted by awkward life occurrences.



Phoenix is a funny town.  When the weather is nice enough to sit outside and maybe catch some Vitamin D...and some sun rays......the pool water's temperature is way too cold to get in and swim!  When the water hits an acceptable temperature that people, other than those residing in Maine, can enjoy.............it's blazing hot outside.  And there's really not much you can do about it.  In the summers here, we put on our suits, head outside, jump in and swim around for awhile, get out, remove the suit, wrap a towel around the body and then, head back into the house.  When the weather is perfect, you can relax for awhile and when you start to get too hot, you can spray yourself with a hose or just head back inside.

It would be nice to change the dynamics of the situation above that would make life that much better in Arizona, but you cannot.  You can buy misters, you can sit in the shade to prolong the time outside or you could pay a fortune and heat your pool for the months when it's needed.  But that's about all......

So, how are you going to share your emotions to your friends around you?  In the situation stated above, I used to complain....and complain loudly.  That is, until I noticed that no one was listening to my grouchy comments.  Then, I secretly went about complaining but people could see right through my demeanor.  Now, while I still don't like this fact about living in Arizona, sometimes I joke about it and sometimes I ignore it.  I become a sticky feather that when the wind blows at me fiercely, but I stick to the branches of a tree....in defiance.  I am learning in my old age, er, older age, that it's better to accept the things I cannot change.  Maybe later in life, I may be able to actually enjoy these things.......but I am not there yet!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Empty Nester said...

If HOT weather is involved I'm not going to enjoy it. Tolerate...yes. Enjoy- NO. But I do take pleasure in reminding people who complain about the heat that maybe they shouldn't have complained about winter. They just can't be satisfied. LOL

April 18, 2011 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger The Single Nester said...

I was in Scottsdale once and thought it was a great town but I don't think I could handle the heat and being landlocked. I was born raised and still live near the Atlantic and never want to stray too far - unless of course Paris beckons :)

April 20, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home