Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Friday, October 8, 2010

Hiding From the Jury Duty Police

PET scan of a human brain with Alzheimer's diseaseImage via Wikipedia
During my daily phone conversation with my sister, I kind of blurt out that I forgot to dress in my pearls and head down to the court on the day my jury duty was supposed to start, and start my very unoriginal rant about how I think all men are zombies in disguise and need to be disposed of for the good of all womanhood. 


June: "OMG, Beth.  That is very bad.  You do know they can come to your door and arrest you, right?"

Me: "Yeah, so."

June: "So, you need to get this fixed.  You need to call them so you're not in trouble."


Me: "What should I say....that my Alzheimer's is getting worse...and it completely passed my mind?' (which is really the truth......and yes, that is a pet scan of the Alzheimer's disease that Zemanta thought I should add to this post for your pleasure!  You're welcome.)


June: "This is serious...hang up this phone and take care of this right now."


The whole conversation made me very hungry, so I head to the candy table and proceed to eat all the Halloween candy in my path.

Why can't they just leave me alone!

So, I guess that Monday, I will don my pearls and head down to the court to please insanity.  But, I think it would be best to leave such important matters to people who are interested in this sort of thing.  I would be......
                                        too opinionated

                                        too bored to sit that long with texting or tweeting

People's lives are at stake and the government wants me to judge their behavior??? I have a hard enough time controlling my own behavior, for goodness sakes.

Wish me luck......................               


Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nicole Bandes said...

I love jury duty! I still haven't been picked to serve on a trial. Someday I'll get to do my civic duty and decide on the fate of some wonderful citizen!

October 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home