Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Change of View Changes Everything

No, I am not finished organizing my office, stop bugging me.  It's not like I have all day to play around organizing my office, I have a bigtime job to do.  Oops, never mind.  If it makes you feel better, we did go out and buy wood glue to fix the arm of the side chair, so the project is still moving forward.

But that's not what I am here to talk about anyway.  Remember one of the reasons why I moved my desk in the first place?  To see the gorgeous nature view outside my office window instead of looking at a wall:

 
Well, now I look out my window and I see things differently.  There is constant movement of light and leaves.  There are birds that do this dance thing with their tails that I presume is a mating ritual but maybe he's just pooping, but it's cool to watch.  And it's pleasant and it stimulates the senses and the mind.  Which brings me to politics. 

It seems that right now more than ever before, everyone is stuck looking at the world in the same way and they need to move their "stuff" around to be able to see things in a different light.  Seriously...................

I am in my little red box and you are comfy in your blue box.  WE are 99% right all the time on how to make this world a better place.  Everyone in the other colored box is nuts!  Everyone in my colored box is far superior.  WE throw crap into each others box and laugh when we have a good hit.  Well, I for one am sick of these childish games.  In fact, children wouldn't partake in such games of foolishness.

Today is as good a day as any to reach out and see the world in a different light.  Try not to be judgmental.  Try to see the good even when the bird or the friend is actually crapping on your patio!  At least poke a hole in your box and look outside at the other box and the world around you.  What's the first thing you'll notice?

That's right, they're all boxes......albeit a slightly different color.  Big deal.  Put the differences in perspective, for goodness sake.  Here's a simple thought that has come to my ever clear mind:


(long, empty nester-like pause, due to a complete lapse in thought due to staring out the window at the fluttering leaves!)

oh yeah, the differences really aren't that important in the grand scheme of things.  All humans in the little red or blue boxes want the same things in life: love and happiness and family and freedom.  Lots of ways to get there, but I am pretty sure we'll "get their faster" if we respect one another.  Peace. out............................

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lawyer Mom said...

Hey there. Thanks for stopping by and diffusing any rants in the comments section!

July 23, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home