Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why We Clean Our Homes and Party Planning

Secondo Pia's negative of the image on the Shr...Image via Wikipedia
I am now planning a 60th Wedding Anniversary party for my husband's parents to be held in my backyard in about a month.  Thank goodness, we have decided to host the party here, as it will make me clean this pig-sty of a home.




My windows are so dirty I thought I saw Jesus in them the other day.  In my defense though, I thought the dirt was actually  acting as a shield from the blazing Arizona summer sun....therefore using less electricity to cool my house down.  See, there is a method to my madness.

Architect at his drawing board. This wood engr...Image via Wikipedia
There is a bit of a problem with the party, though.  I was told that the guest count was 60 and I had down a basic layout of the party and had just figured out how I could fit that number of people in my backyard when I then learned that number did not include the 20 extra family members!  Back to the drawing board.



It would be nice to have a household of people in the house again.  My empty nest home has three very sad and lonely bedrooms with adjoining bathrooms just dying to be filled with out-of-town family members!  But as family politics come into play, the rooms may remain empty.  I cannot worry about family politics anymore than Federal politics; I am just one person in a sea of people with opinions and ideals. But I will still scrub and clean each room.....just in case.

I decided to take the covers off the cushions of my outdoor furniture this weekend, and wash/bleach them before the big event.  What a fiasco!  It took about an hour to actually get them off; they are very tight.  Then, the filling has basically disintegrated so putting the covers back on was a major task, taking two people and another hour of labor on Labor Day to get them back on. A few of the cushions now look like I have stuffed the neighbor's cat into the cover or something equally as lumpy!  These are expensive Gloster cushions, too.  Just goes to show you how very brutal our weather is here in sunny Arizona.

Writing this blog post is actually my little stall tactic.  I need to contact the caterer, the guitarist and the photographer.  I need to find more rectangle tables to borrow.  I need to do another layout.  I need to decide on the food and wine to be served.  Minor details, really.  But thanks for allowing me that extra twenty minutes before the real work begins.  And, wish me luck.....










Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Captain Dumbass said...

I'm so going to use that dirty window/heat savings idea. Thank you.

September 13, 2010 at 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Nicole Bandes said...

Spring cleaning, in the fall! Set a goal for each area and it makes it easier. The nice thing is that you have a TON of contacts to schedule the caterer, photographer, etc... but if you need some suggestions, just let me know.

September 14, 2010 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

If I'm reading your blog ABOUT cleaning, does that count for actual cleaning?

September 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home