Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Preview of Worth Collection Preview

Waldorf-Astoria LobbyImage by iceman9294 via Flickr
Image via Wikipedia
I had the pleasure of attending the Annual Worth Collection Preview event, held in New York City in June.  My sister and I went together so it's pretty much a given that the trip would be a blast.   The event is held at the Waldorf Astoria.  Our room was huge which was a nice plus.  No view but who cared...the best view was all the gorgeous Worth Sales Associates running around inside the building!  They offered a tour of the hotel for $60 but we wisely chose to use that money at the hotel bar instead!


The event lasts several days and includes a fashion show and workshops on the clothes, how to sell them correctly and you meet with your region sales associates, too.  The presentation is well done and everyone takes the clothes and their businesses seriously.

The Fall clothing line is beautiful...rich.....stylish...chic!  I love fall clothes....always have.

And I really love how they take dressy evening clothes and make them easy-to-wear and comfortable.  Take this simple black top, add this beautiful gold long skirt and finish off with this amazing wrap and you look fantastic!



I also love their selection of jackets, which seems to be their specialty.  I like this shorter reddish houndstooth jacket. It will be perfect to wear to this year's Parent's Weekend at Dickinson College.

And, I know I will select one of their new handbags because they are smaller which I prefer to the huge shopping bag style.














Of course, it wasn't "all work and no play" at the Worth preview! In fact we managed to close up the bars along Central Park south one of the evenings.  I remember asking why on Earth was the kitchen closed when the hostess said, well we always close the kitchen at 2 am, Ma'am!

One evening we spent time with some of Worth's best sales people (thinking we might get them drunk enough and then they'd tell us their secrets to success!) But, they were so nice, they gave us tips right away.  That's one common denominator I found with the Worth associates....everyone was genuine and friendly and helpful.  No cat fights in this group.  Isn't that refreshing to hear?  
One evening, June and I stepped across the street to eat on the outside patio of St. Bart's Church.  I would highly recommend  this place to anyone visiting the big City!

I have no idea why we decided to order dessert as a takeout item to eat back in the room, but it seemed like a good idea at the time!
Would I attend the annual event again next year?  You bet I would, only this time, I would like to be one of those sales associates that get rewarded for their sales effort, ie, sell a LOT more clothing items!  Feel like helping me and my sister out?  Email me at beth@emtnester.com and I can take you to their cool select shopper site to look at and to order your Fall Wardrobe.  I buy all my items online and you can too, you just need me or June to place the order.  To visit the Worth website, go here....


Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home