Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Phoenix Tea Party: Supporters Left Out in the Cold, Again

Tonight starting at 4:00 pm, in front of the State Capital building in downtown Phoenix, the Phoenix Tea Party and Rally begins. It's kind of unfortunate because the weather today is rather windy and cold which is unusual for Arizona. I think it's a sign.....................................

Frankly, I feel like I am being left out in the cold by President Obama and his administration. I am told to keep working my butt off (which helps me stay in these panties), volunteer and fund all the charities I can on my off time and then be happy to give (soon to be half) of what me and my husband make towards taxes for the newly-proposed federal government programs. Of course, there is no appreciation or thank you to those of us funding "The American Way". It is just expected of us. Mr. Biden thinks we should feel good about donating our hard earned money so other people can apparently sit at home and watch a football game or play video games with their friends all day long. And don't get me wrong, currently 1/3 of what we make goes straight back to the government, which in the good 'ole days, I used to complain about!

I, for one, am going to put on my warmest clothes, bring a thermos full of Long Island Tea, and head down to the Tea Party in support of a very different tax system than Obama is attempting to put upon his people. I will brave the 50 mile an hour winds, and in my subtle way I will be saying to our President, "Blow Me....your tax system sucks" (very clever little blogger, aren't I?)

Now, I know that Acorn has planned their own little anti-tea party this afternoon, too. That's really not so hard to do, because most of their supporters don't work full-time and can attend a rally most any day of the week. The rest of us got to work early today and will continue working after we have attended the rally. You know, we've got to keep working so the rest of the nation can be home watching their nightly line-up of television shows.

If you are planning to attend this afternoon's event, come look for me. I'll be the one wearing my Republican panties.......er, rather.......... I'll be the one with the thermos of Long Island Iced Tea.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger dhash said...

This is so true. I listened to Obama talk on my way back from our meeting this morning. Does anyone really believe this stuff?

April 15, 2009 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger steenky bee said...

Hey! I remember those undies!!

April 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Kay said...

I'm annoyed that I couldn't make it to our local tea party (and believe my, my tea was going to be very long island), but kept deluding myself that it would be a huge success, and covered by the media. Guess I was wrong on both counts - only about 100 people showed up (that's what I get for living within an hour of Philadelphia), and not a single media rep was present.

Overall, I hope it was a morale booster, because we desperately need that right now. Discouraged doesn't even begin to describe how most people I know are feeling.

Hope you enjoyed yourself!!!

@dhash - yes, sadly, they do believe it. Frightening, isn't it?

April 16, 2009 at 12:01 AM  
Blogger Casey said...

I hope you wore more than those panties, those things wouldn't keep you warm but the booze might....

April 16, 2009 at 12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that tax proposal stuff leaves me out in the cold...

April 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home