Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Man Upstairs Plays a Cruel April Fool's Joke

The Man Upstairs decided to play a funny little 'April Fool's' joke on me this morning. He woke me up at 3:00 am and told me it was morning and time to get up and shower for my early morning meeting.

As I pulled myself up and out of bed, I glanced at the clock and then it hit me..he got me!

"April Fool's!....it's not really time to get up after all. That would be several hours from now".

HA HA, very funny Mister Creator of all things good.

But, then I was wide awake and slightly angry. Not at The Man ( not to be mistaken by The Man over at The Stiletto Mom). He would never do such a thing as he would be severely reprimanded by Mary Anne.

Where was I? Lack of sleep does wonders for one's writing focus. Oh, yeah...I was angry at myself for having already folded this week's laundry, which is what I usually do in the middle of the night. So I wonder out to the den and look through glossy magazines of clothes I cannot buy this year on bodies I do not have this year.

Don't you wish you were me?

Insomnia makes for interesting days, especially ones with deadlines and important calls and interviews. I find the best way for this empty nest woman to cope is to simply laugh it off and do the best I can, under the circumstances. Maybe the Man Upstairs could bring on a "sleepy storm" later this afternoon, so I can catch a nap!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Stiletto Mom said...

Too bad you can't play a joke back on Him...because you know, then you may go to hell and all if He doesn't have the sense of humor we all hope He does. I wouldn't risk it.....

Thanks for the shout out girlfriend!

Hugs,
Mary Anne

April 1, 2009 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

Oh yeah, I know insomnia well. Unfortunately, I end up staying up until all hours and then the kids are up at the ass crack of dawn. Not a good combo. I hope you get some sleep soon!

April 2, 2009 at 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Susie K said...

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??? TRY Zrii. Enough said. Okay, maybe somewhat over the top, but I am reading a book entitled, "Confessions of Shameless Self-Promoters" and it doesn't sound so blatant compared to what they've done -- AND, I really would like you to experience a good nights sleep. Isn't it worth a try????

April 2, 2009 at 11:51 PM  
Anonymous marla Leigh said...

I can relate to your insomnia dilema. I too wake up at the ungodly hour of 3a.m often times wondering what day is it today, do I need to go to work? When I finally fall back asleep, wouldn't you know the alarm clock goes off. Time to get up and really start your day. Hope you sleep well tonight, Marla

April 3, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home