Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Official: I'm Hot Shet!

This week, my blog hit the 1000 Profile View number which was very exciting seeing that it's an even number with lots of zero's and all. Apparently, we Puritans like the rounded numbers in tens, hundreds and thousands, etc. This momentous occasion did make me reflect on the past 4.5 months that I have been blogging on my 6 pages here at emtnester. Here are some of my thoughts:


First, writing a blog is great fun. Many people have said to me recently that I always seem to be in such a good mood. Well, it's true. Thinking funny thoughts and then blogging about them keeps you in a happy frame of mind. Even the more thought-provoking and sad posts can be invigorating.


Second, trying to learn the "business" of blogging is still a daunting task for me. Attaching widgets, twittering, adding html language to the template are still not easy for me. Thank goodness I have Dwight at Gettingraphic to help me out on a weekly basis. I hope everyone blogging has a great web designer (and fixer) behind them like I do! Also, I want to understand the affiliate programs and try to be more successful at generating more revenue from the blog this coming year.


Third, I have learned that while there are millions of people blogging every day that are also millions of empty nest Moms and Dads who have never blogged. I have friends who read the blog and want to comment, but they have no idea how. I literally go to their homes to show them how to "do it". The fun, empty nest niche is pretty wide open but that also means that there aren't as many fun, empty nest people to blog with! This year I will be focusing some of my attention on beginning blog seminars for the empty nest crowd. (Kind of the blind leading the blind, but it's sure be a hoot and a holler for all those in attendance).


Fourth and finally, I am in total awe of the blogs that I have discovered and read this past 4.5 months. There are beautiful sites, hysterical sites, naughty and nice sites. I will continue to do my single blog stalking in 2009 as it's simply the best way to get to know a particular blogger.


I am humbled every day by other bloggers (you know who you are) and wonder about who I'm missing. Why just this week I came across Becky C. of Just a Girl in Short Shorts Talking About Whatever. She has been writing on this blog for a little over two years and was celebrating her 2 Millionth profile viewer at the same time as I had my 1000th. (Talk about being deflated). But she's got a really fantastic site with interesting pictures and you tube videos and I look forward to reading more from her in the future. How did I find her? Well, I was looking around for bloggers in Arizona, of all things!


Well, I went to make a comment on Becky C.'s blog even though I was slightly intimidated and feeling rather small with my small following but when I got down to word verification, this is what came up:





Call me Pollyanna, but I think someone "upstairs" was giving me a little signal. Or at the least, some encouragement to continue writing and enjoying my life with my blog in the year 2009. Let me see that again:



That's right, it's official, I am hot shet!




4 Comments:

Blogger Going Like Sixty said...

Yay for you!
It is fun to see those round numbers.

Next up: learn to get a screen grab rather than a photo of the screen!
"print screen" or sometimes "prt scn" on PC and paste in to photo edit software. (Irfanview is free.)

On Mac, it's Option Shift Control 3 backspace, F9 (or something like that)

Word Verifier: Ressismu, v helping someone. eg: Emtnester was having problems with screen shot so I offered to ressismu her.

Will you please email me so we can talk about your blog outreach program? I love it.

December 22, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

You ARE hot shet! I think it's great that you're planning on helping the empty nesters get started with blogging. It's intimidating to start a blog, I have a degree in technology and have worked in the field for years and I was stumped when I decided to go about starting a blog. Glad you have great tech support behind you...

December 22, 2008 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I already knew you were a hot shet! Congrats on hitting the mark, and thanks for teaching me how to do it!

December 24, 2008 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Congrats! I don't blog as much as I used to, but I do love reading other blogs (like yours!).

FYI: This evening my son and three of his friends were hanging out at my house, and I was going nuts. I just wanted them to leave and let me have my peace. They went to a movie, and I had to silently ask God's forgiveness for my wanting them out. The point, though, is that I've become quite comfy in this empty nest!

December 30, 2008 at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home