Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Friday, June 4, 2010

Nadal Is My Facebook Friend

Relationships are so important in life that you need to grab them whenever and wherever you can.  They enrich your life, teach you to be a better person and generally make life worth living.  Personally, I cherish the people that surround my life.  My family is ultra-important to me and I would bend over backwards for all of them.  I have my "dog friends" where our common denominator is that we dolt over our four-legged family members together.   I have work friends, past Phoenix Cotillion board member friends, friends from my kids school and sports teams, I have church friends and the list goes on and on. 

But my newest "friends" are my Facebook friends.  Some are people I went to high school with.  A few I actually knew and hung out with during the 70's, but many are people who had the good sense to steer away from me in the 70's.  It would be hard to actually label what I was like back then....not really smart enough to be a geek, not really liked enough to be popular....words like awkward, weird, odd come to mind.  I don't think I had grown into my shoes yet, so to speak.  That happened in college and beyond for me.  Nevertheless, I love to talking to and hearing about these high school classmates lives' now. 

One of my newest "friends" is Rafael Nadal...you know...the tennis player.  Yeah, we are good buds.  In fact, he just sent me a video clip and although it's not in English, I am pretty sure that loosely translated, he's saying, "thanks to his new older, American Facebook friend, Beth Southworth, that he was able to pull out that last third set to make it to the French Open finals!!"  He was smiling and was wearing that adorable three-colored shirt that I told him he looked HOT in.  We are almost an item now, except I love my husband and all. 


The bottom line for relationships is that you just have to be completely honest and forthcoming about what's what between two people.  You have to give as much of yourself (...call me, Rafael!) and be helpful and useful to the other person.  And then you will be living a life worth living.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Captain Dumbass said...

I was just getting ready to leave some witty comment when I got to that last picture of him and his shoulder. Now I'm full of bitterness and resentment.

June 5, 2010 at 1:51 AM  
Blogger Annah said...

Oh my God you're going to give me a HEART ATTACK with those sexy pictures of that man hunk. You're KILLING ME! :) lol

June 5, 2010 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

How did you get to be his friend before me? And to think that I play tennis and you don't! Great finals match this morning - he deserved to win the French Open!

June 6, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home