Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random Teeth Thoughts

Joining Keely (The UnMom) and 'krew' with some Random Tuesday Thoughts:




I think someone "upstairs" got a little lazy when he/she was designing the teeth of a human. Maybe all creatures' teeth, I don't know; I can only speak for the humans.



There is never a good time in one's life when it comes to their teeth:





When you are a baby and teething, it's painful and you are constantly drooling until your first set has broken skin.


Next, the teeth grow in all crazy-like. They often are crooked and there are big gaps right in the front area. Grown-ups tell you not to worry because you lose this set and grow new ones. So, for about 5 years or so you look ridiculous in every school picture and Holiday photos, too.

Sometimes your teeth grow in so bad that you must get some pulled. Or you get the awesome experience of having braces put on your teeth. I think the person "upstairs" also created braces because they couldn't be worse looking if you tried. Plus they are painful.

Throughout your younger years you get to visit sado-masochists, often referred to as dentists. Here you get to fill the holes in your teeth due to poor teeth-designing from "above" and root canals.

But don't worry, once this time frame is over, its on to implants, bridges, and my favorite....the sawing down of your pitiful teeth only to put fake covers called veneers on them. Now your teeth look great, but you're broke!

You end up back in the baby stage, with all your teeth removed and a full set of dentures sitting and soaking on your bedside table.

Frankly, I am rather disappointed in the engineering and design of our teeth. I give "the big guy" an 'F' in this category.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

I second this post. There's not one person in this house whose world isn't being turned upside down right now by some sort of teething disaster. Ugh.

April 28, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandson told me the other day, "grampa, your teeth are gray!"

April 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM  
Anonymous zelzee said...

had to laugh because I am heading out now to my dentist for a crown...

and I end up a pauper......

April 28, 2009 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger labrams said...

I HATE nothing more then going to the dentist, even for a simple cleaning. I recline upside down in that chair with my stomach tied in knots and finger nails tightly gripping into the arm rests as the friendly hygienist jabs a finely sharpened metal tool into my gums and scrapes layers of enamel from my teeth. I'd almost prefer another colonoscopy to this worthless torture. Teeth are overrated...

April 29, 2009 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Keely said...

Yeah, that's coming from someone that created a PLATYPUS, so I was already questioning his design choices.

How did I miss this post? Did you link up on Tuesday? I feel like a bad host now...

May 3, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home