Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Monday, January 19, 2009

Empty House...Empty Thoughts

Hello, is anybody there? (silence)

Oh, that's right, I took Laura to the airport to head back to Dickinson College yesterday.

I didn't really notice the change on Sunday, because we were all busy watching out loser football team win yet another time for a chance to play in the Super Bowl! What a great turnaround.

But, it's very clear to me today, that Christmas break is over and I must live in my empty nest (with my husband) for the next four months...until the summer break.

That's the new established routine and I feel a little like the grizzly bear who's been hibernating all winter and has just come out of its' den. I am a little groggy and 10 pounds overweight, but I'm kind of excited about this new phase in my life.

But, enough with all that, it's a Holiday! Happy Martin Luther King Day, y'all! Did you decorate your home? I looked around the blog world and didn't see a single site with fun, King decorations. I don't have any either, so I am just flying the American flag. Guess I'll keep it up for tomorrow's big day. Besides, I don't really have time to do more as I am too busy reading everything I can on the modern history of Japan and its' economy. I think it'll come in handy during this next decade, if you know what I mean.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Well, maybe you'll have spring break to look forward to. Happy MLK day to you too! I didn't decorate, no, but I taught Graham to say "Happy MLK Day" to my mom. That's something.

January 19, 2009 at 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard on this week's CBS Sunday Morning show that Japan's recession lasted 10 years -- DEFINITELY hoping our new President can pull us out of ours much sooner than that (learning from their painful experience)!!! Did you look on-line for Obama decorations for tomorrow? Bet you could find a whole bunch. Happy Inauguration Eve!

January 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I know what you mean about the quiet house, but at least you had Laura for a long break! Looking foward to those Cardinals playing in the Superbowl.

January 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Julie!! said...

Oh yes I most definitly understand that feeling of lonliness.... At least you have you husband to keep you company. All I have is my sick dog Addie to keep me company. Can't wait until Spring Break when I can see JohnnyBoy again finally!!!

January 22, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home