Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Three Weeks Left with Laura, But Who's Counting? ME!

So, I am starting to get the hang of working 60-70 hours a week AND be able to blog here. The problem seems to be that when I sit down for my scheduled time to write on emtnester, I don't have a single thought to put down. There are plenty of other times in the week, that lots of funny things come to mind, though. Add to it the wondering mind of an empty nester and then it's really a mess.

I was checking out my Facebook and see that a whole lot of women I would really like to meet are all together at blogher 2009, in Chicago, I start thinking about how fun that conference could really be. Mary Anne from the best blog, called The Stiletto Mom, is there looking relaxed and having some interesting times. She would be fun to meet and party together for sure. It's just not my year for running around and developing my blog. It's "make money for the family" year, and I have to say that I am really enjoying all the assignments I am currently doing.

For one of the projects, I write a daily blog about all the things going on at the Citadelle Plaza. There are lots of cool pictures, too. Please come by and check it out and make a comment!! Go here: (Thanks, I needed that).

So, even thought it was already 95 degrees at 9:00 am, Bill and I took Wrigley to an outdoor breakfast place that loves dogs. We still have to pick up Wrigley to get into the back seat of a car, which I find hysterical. Until today....

A few tables over, there was a huge 145 pound dog. We were told that she is just a puppy but she was extremely well-behaved while the people were eating. As they got up to go to their car, the man opened his SUV back flap and proceeded to lift the little pup into the car, too. Glad he's strong! It made me feel a little better for some reason to see someone else deal with a dog who cannot get into a car.

Wrigley is behaving much better at this restaurant. He sits then drops and waits for small treats of left-over scrambled eggs from us. While he waits, he drools all over his thick coat of fur. By the time we leave, his whole mane is sopping wet! It's pretty gross. I try to wipe it up with the extra napkins, which is probably pretty darn appealing to the table next door! But he really loves to go and somehow, he knows when it's Saturday morning and starts whining around 7:30 am telling us, come on, let's get going!

I having begun the countdown for when Laura will be leaving for school. It's not that I want her to go, it's more how can I fit in all the things we could do...should do...need to do...before she goes back. It's sort of a mini-empty-nest-Mom-panic many of us do just before our children take off back to college. I do feel anxious and get depressed on occasions, but being so darn busy is helping. Or maybe, I'm so tired, I do not have the energy to stress about it.




Guess, I'll just keep plugging along. See you soon.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Believe me, it is way easier the second year - everything is familiar. Enhoy your little bit of time with Laura before she heads back!

July 26, 2009 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

I love that Wrigley is so into going out to eat. My dogs would be more the "Marley and Me" type and would drag the table away with them.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the time with Laura home. Get a pedi for me.

July 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger The Stiletto Mom said...

I wish you could have been at BlogHer, it was so fun! I'm just now getting caught up from it. Maybe you'll come to Blissdom in January? Let me know if you want details, I'd love to meet you! Enjoy the rest of your summer with your daughter!

August 4, 2009 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger hopeful mom said...

I enjoyed reading your post about your Laura going back to college. I thought I was the only one who felt that way...my son,22 just left a few days ago to return to college and it was sad. I agree we want our kids to be happy and not worry about us, but every time he leaves, it feels like a part of me goes with him.
We had a great time while he was home and I too, tried to fill so much into the days he was home.
I remember the first time walked in the house after taking him to college his first year and the quiet was deafening! Even though I work as a healthcare executive and go to the gym, etc, it seems there is so much TIME! Where was all that time when the kids were small??? Hope you are feeling better....

January 23, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home