Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Monday, November 17, 2008

Single Blog Stalking: Mrs. Fussypants Does It All with Style and Grace

I just spent my entire weekend in the lovely town of Nashville with a wonderful blogger named Allison Worthington. This is one organized woman! She has a house full of young sons, she blogs, twitters and does Facebook, too. She is editor-in-chief for Blissfully Domestic and has won a page full of awards, including a Best New Blog in 2007 and a 2008 Bloggie award. Now the interesting part: she began her blog in 2007!



The site is called Mrs. Fussypants. She has her past archives broken down into about 20 categories like 'Evil Republican' and 'Christian Living' and 'The Gentle Art of Ruling One's Husband'. By the end of the weekend, I felt like I knew this person and really enjoyed the humor she finds in all of life's experiences.



My Favorite Posts:



1) In October of last year, her husband had lost his job and they decided to wait until after the holidays to job hunt, sell the house, etc. It took 8 months to sell the house, then move in with relatives before the new job started. Through it all, Allison had a cheery outlook. I loved how she started her cool photo jewelry on-line business during this time. She is a real inspiration to me and all the other people who may be going through this similar experience soon. (She often has contests to win a piece from her jewelry collection). Seeing her house empty right before she moved made me cry. This post is in the Christian Living category.



2) I loved the title and the article about coming out of the closet as a Republican and that she may lose half her audience! The video she has on the site is about 11 minutes long but well worth listening to. Twice.



3) She does a 'Name that Inappropriate Picture' contest where her readers submit a title to the picture in the comment section, then everyone gets to vote the next week in a poll format. So far, I have not had any funny comments to offer...I just go blank. But, some of the comments are hysterical and I really appreciate the comments from the Southerns. Very funny stuff.



I love how she photoshops her head in that adorable big hat and pearls onto all kinds of people and sometimes it's too big or not in the right angle. My two favorites: Mrs. Fussypants getting a massage and the Sex in the City shot (go find them yourself).



She gives a lot of credit to the ProBlogger site for teaching her how to do her blog well and get recognized, so I'm off to get schooled myself. Thanks for the tip, Allison.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Alli Worthington said...

Well, that is one of the nicest things I have ever seen. I am honored. Thank you so much!

Much love, alli

November 17, 2008 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Thanks for visiting the blog. I think it is interesting that you pick one blog site per weekend then go through all the archives. Nice job.

Good luck blogging. Hope to see you soon.

November 17, 2008 at 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went to her site and jewelry is really interesting. Being in the jewelry biz i always love to see other artist work.

November 17, 2008 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for the recommendation of this blog. I'll check her out.

BTW, I'm not into "You go, girl," either!

November 17, 2008 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I will be checking out her blog!

November 17, 2008 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

I still want to try to do this at some point too, I hope you don't mind me copying your idea. Would you also arrange for a sitter and sell the idea to my husband?

November 17, 2008 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

OK friend -
Did you really go to Nashivlle for the weekend, and I didn't know??
I am headed there in January and would love to meet your mrs. fussypants. I am sure, that I would love her too! Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.

November 18, 2008 at 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intriguing as always.

November 18, 2008 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger The Stiletto Mom said...

I love Alli. She is a great blogger and is one of the few really big ones that will communicate and offer helpful tips. Plus, she's funny as hell. Nice review!!!

November 19, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home