Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Friday, September 5, 2008

One Month Until My Birthday, But Who's Counting?

I actually cannot wait until my birthday and I am no longer 50 years old! It was not that great of a birthday or year for that matter. A lot of it had to do with our economic situation and the fact that I couldn't buy any (or many) new shoes! Anyway, I cannot complain; I have a fantastic husband, 3 terrific kids and family plus good health. Still, at this age, we celebrate our birthdays differently as we get older. I have noticed the big trend is to throw lavish surprise parties for "the big ones", ie, 50,60, 90. Maybe that's why I like 51 so much; I've got nine years before someone might give me a big to-do, which seems so self-indulgent. I would rather just eat a fantastic meal and end with some extravagant dessert that I do not know how to make.

Anyway, my computer guy (shouldn't everyone have their very own computer guy?!) was over fixing all the things I didn't like about the way my computer was set up and he shared with me the story of his wife's 57th birthday celebration. This is a picture of the two mini-cheesecakes they ordered after her night out. Having those two big number candles sitting on top and the topping sliding off the sides pretty much sums it up for me!



1 Comments:

Blogger JPReader said...

Beth,

Not to mention the melted candle wax! Funny thing is, I can't remember removing it before we ate the little devils. We can't be getting THAT old, can we?!! Well, anyway, they tasted pretty good, and were a perfect emtnester birthday cake!

Jim

Afterthought: Maybe Rose took the wax off?

September 6, 2008 at 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home